Are you a fan of hiking experiences? You are looking for the best walking boots for wide feet but feel that your options are limited by the wide foot that will be your limit. Thankfully, many hiking boot manufacturers now understand and are producing boots with a wider fit.
There are many cases where you are standing on the top of a large plateau and the pain in your legs prevents you from being in nature. We understand and look forward to finding solutions to these problems for both men and women.
The reason you should choose suitable boots is that they stay on your feet, and only you can feel them. Therefore, we have discussed and researched different types of boots in order to help you decide on the best boots for you. We’ve done all the research to bring you the top 15 best walking boots for wide feet in 2021 below. And we will also provide you a guideline to help you to choose the best option.
Best Walking Boots For Wide Feet Comparison 2022Invalid table id.
** Below, you will find our detailed reviews of the Walking Boots For Wide Feet , but you can also click these following links to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
- Vibram Sole - World leader in performance outsoles, durable as well as great traction and grip
- Wide fit - has been designed with more available room for the foot, particularly in the toe section
- Ankle Hiking Boots with Suede and mesh upper provides durability,breathability,and comfort
- High Rise Walking Boots padding with thick sponge in tongue and heel, which ensure the comfort and safety of the instep and ankle during walking ,hiking ,trail etc.
- Anti-slip and cushiong boots :RUBBER OUTSOLE with long life cycle and strong anti-slip, Cooperate with deep grain to bring ultimate grip;MD MIDSOLE is compression moulded and impact absorbing,it make the hiking boots lighter,which can provide longer periods of exercise without feeling tired.
- Removable Arch support Insole: ergonomically provides long-term fit protection for your feet
- Outdoor stability system deliver highly slip-resistant stability on wet and dry ground, over mixed terrain achieve optimal balance. Can meet your multiple occasions sports:walking,hiking&trekking,trail,dailywear.
- Ultra-Strong Grip: Out-sole is specially designed for complex terrain (Mud, hard, grass, wet and so on), which can maintain excellent performance while sporting.
- Waterproof: Hi-tech waterproof material which can keep the feet dry while running on mud road or other wet terrain.
- Speed-Lace: Better adjust the fit to ensure the best wearing feeling during sports.
- IDEAL FOR MUDDY BOOTS - Shaped to fit all sizes of boots and shoes up to size 13, you can easily store muddy footwear away from other belongings. Suitable for adults and kids hiking boots as well as work, football and rugby boots plus walking and golf shoes.
- BUILT TO LAST HARD-WEARING QUALITY FABRIC - Made from hard-wearing 600D polyester material with waterproof PU backing for maximum durability.
- WATER RESISTANT - Never worry about your boots or shoes getting wet whilst stored in the Outdoor World boot bag, featuring a reinforced base with a removable, washable base insert. The interior and exterior of the boot bag can also be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
- GRAB AND GO HANDLE - Made with an easy to hold strong carry handle with a foldable design so that you can bring the bag along easily and can flat pack it anywhere.
- HASSLE FREE ACCESS - Featuring a 2-way wide zip opening for easy access meaning that you can get your boots or shoes in or out in seconds. Dimensions: 33 x 21 x 20 cm
- The Michelin ESC Sole, offers extreme traction using high performance rubber and aggressive off trail lug design to maximise ground feel
- Created in collaboration with wilderness experts from Wild Human and the Independent Adventurer
- Women's Outdoor Shoes
- GORE-TEX waterproof membrane, exceptional breathability and waterproof performance Synthetic leather and mesh upper Metal hook traditional lace closure Bellows tongue keeps out debris Protective toe cap Breathable mesh lining Kinetic Fit ADVANCED removable contoured insole with reinforced heel cushioning for medium support Molded nylon arch shank Merrell Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability Lightweight EVA foam midsole for stability and comfort Vibram TC5+ rubber sole
- The lightweight and hardwearing, waterproof hiking boots.
- Firm Ground sole with 3mm lugs that provide traction over trails and rocky landscapes
- Men's Outdoor Shoes
- Suede and mesh upper provides durability
- Breathability and comfort
- Dri-Tec breathable membrane keeps your feet dry no matter what the weather
- Ghillie rustproof lacing system creates a snug, secure fit
- Traction and durability is provided thanks to the MDT rubber outsole
- Suede and mesh upper provides durability, breathability and comfort
- Dri-Tec waterproof, breathable membrane keeps feet dry
- Wide fit with versatile lacing system provides a secure fit
- Removable Comfort compression molded moisture wicking EVA contoured sockliner delivers underfoot cushioning
- Compression molded EVA midsole absorbs impact reducing strain on the body
- The Bandera II Wide fit is an entry level waterproof men's walking shoe.
- The suede and mesh upper provides durability and comfort while keeping these shoes breathable, and the Dri-Tec waterproof membrane will keep feet dry.
- These walking shoes are comfortable with a removable moulded EVA insole and compression moulded EVA midsole for underfoot cushioning.
- The versatile lacing system provides a secure fit and the Multi Directional Traction (MDT) rubber outsole improves grip and adds durability.
- A great men's waterproof shoe for light hiking and dog walking.
Top 15 Best Walking Boots For Wide Feet Reviews 2022
Danner Mens 30860-M Mountain Light Ii 5″
- GORE-TEX waterproof breathable lining
- Danner Airthotic heel cradle and arch support
- Handcrafted, stitchdown construction for strength and stability. Fiberglass shank.
- Vibram 148 Kletterlift outsole offers superior traction, stability and shock absorption on rugged terrain
Another Danner hike design is the Mountain Light II design. In this design, these walking boots for wide feet are perfectly suitable for hiking. They are made entirely of leather and are made in the USA.
Although the price of this product is quite high, it is well worth the high quality boots that have a long life. The Gore-Tex membrane keeps the insole dry and keeps moisture in. The leather exterior and Vibram Kletterlift sole provide plenty of traction and shock resistance.
The bottom of the foot provides an extra stabilizing lining that provides plenty of support and comfort. Danner boasts that these are the best waterproof walking boots for wide feet available.
- High-quality leather
- Perfect for multiple seasons
- Suitable for long hikes
- Bed laces could be improved
SALOMON Men’s Quest 4d 3 GTX High Rise Hiking Boots
- WATERPROOF BACKPACKING SHOES: Designed for maximum traction on mixed terrain, the Quest 4D 3 hiking boot features our 4D Advanced Chassis to help guide the foot & reduce fatigue, even on the roughest terrain.
- ANY PATH YOUR WAY: Light & cushioned with running shoe adapted technology, yet supportive enough for backpacking, the Quest 4D waterproof hiking boot helps you get to the next camp site with happier feet.
- ADVENTURE AWAITS: Whether you love a local day hike or hitting the trails for a multi-day adventure, Salomon makes innovative hiking & backpacking shoes & boots for men & women to help you go the distance.
- TIME TO PLAY: Whether you are into trail running, hiking, backpacking, or mountaineering, Salomon has shoes & gear for kids, men & women to help you conquer a new distance, personal record, or event!
- SINCE 1947 Salomon has used our passion for outdoor sports & innovation to create progressive gear. Our road & trail running shoes, hiking sneakers, boots, & water shoes help make any path your own.
The Salomon Men’s Quest 4D 3 GTX Hiking Boot is the ideal shoe for climbing and day hiking for those with wide feet. Trail sprinters have worn it for the support, lightweight, and exceptional comfort it offers.
Mission First 4D makes this boot great, increasing foot support and improving ankle stability. Ingenious outsole and cushioning using Contagrip technology supported by an incredible binding frame provides great all-terrain traction whether you’re walking or running.
The upper is a combination of leather and synthetic materials that enhance the shoe’s durability and is waterproof thanks to the Gore-Tex mesh. The lacing system will surely make you happy with this shoe.
- Great traction
- Provides stability to the foot
- Durable and waterproof
- Too burly for casual hiking
Timberland 6 Inch Premium Men’s Boots
Timberland Men’s 6 ″ Premium Waterproof Boot has a simpler design than other hiking shoes of the same brand. These are walking boots for wide feet for men.
The clear upper brings out the superb quality of suede. You probably know this as highly durable material. The interior is equipped with a soft material that provides maximum absorbency.
The sole is made of rubber with high traction and flexibility. However, these shoes are not highly water-resistant as well as the high neckline that often rubs against your ankles.
- Simple design
- Highly durable
- Not 100% waterproof
KEEN Men’s Targhee Iii Waterproof Mid High Rise Hiking Shoes-wide fit boots for men
- WATERPROOF: The KEEN.DRY waterproof, breathable membrane keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day long by allowing vapor out without letting water in; All leather is treated with a PFC-free water repellant, so you still get the same protection without the harmful chemicals
- TRACTION: KEEN ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole provides high-traction grip in muddy environments and on rocky surfaces with 4 mm multi-directional lugs; Non-marking rubber outsoles leaves no trace or imprints when walking indoors
- SUPPORT: The Torsion stability External Support Shank (ESS) provides support on uneven surfaces; the injected TPU heel-capture system provides next-level stability
- FIT and COMFORT: Low-profile upper for comfort and secure fit with padded tongue and collar; The removable, metatomical dual-density EVA footbed provides excellent arch support and cradles to the natural contours of the foot
- CARE TIPS: We've carefully selected leather uppers designed to last; However, if you're wearing your KEENs daily, they won't always be scuff and dirt-free; To treat day to day wear and tear, especially on lighter color leathers, we reco mmend using a co mmon leather cleaner and conditioner
If you want a shoe that is both stylish and comfortable and doesn’t take a long time to put on, you should consider this product. These best walking boots for wide feet are specially designed for men with wide feet to use for both walking and hiking. Lightweight, waterproof, ventilation and wide design are outstanding advantages.
One thing to be really proud of is the waterproof material. The waterproof membrane on the top of the shoe allows for effective moisture drainage as it wicks away moisture, keeping your feet dry while creating breathability inside the shoe.
In addition, clean sport NXT ensures your feet stay away from bad bacteria, controlling unpleasant odors even when you wear them constantly.
The rubber bottom allows you to wear these boots indoors, without causing stains and scratches. The EVA midsole, TPU midsole, and dual-density midsole stay flexible and allow for free movement, but also keep your foot balanced on any terrain.
Walking boots for wide feet are lighter than boots. You can gently enjoy summer hikes and trails.
- Breathable and waterproof
- Reduce foot pain
- Protects the ankles
- Moderate durability
- Limited colors
Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Mid GTX High Rise Hiking Boots
- GORE-TEX waterproof membrane, exceptional breathability and waterproof performance Synthetic leather and mesh upper Metal hook traditional lace closure Bellows tongue keeps out debris Protective toe cap Breathable mesh lining Kinetic Fit ADVANCED removable contoured insole with reinforced heel cushioning for medium support Molded nylon arch shank Merrell Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability Lightweight EVA foam midsole for stability and comfort Vibram TC5+ rubber sole Lug: 5mm
Moab’s Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Vent Mid hiking shoes are made not only for men but also for women. Especially walking boots for wide feet. Structurally, it’s waterproof because it’s made of suede and mesh. The advantage of these two recycled materials is that they are soft and lightweight, so there is less pressure on your feet. It also features the famous Merrell air cushion in the heel to keep your feet balanced.
The removable midsole and Merrell M Select EVA-contoured midsole cushions shock. To be more suitable for women, the Moab 2 features a foam tongue with a closed cell, which acts as a shield against moisture and debris. Rubber toe caps keep your toes protected from bumps or sudden falls.
The breathable mesh lining also creates plenty of airflows and significantly reduces the overall weight of the shoe. Rubber toe cap, molded nylon arch grips support your toes, muscles, and tendons from the jolts and bumps of the shoe. Gum rubber soles help improve friction on many different types of terrain.
Merrell Women’s Moab is more suitable for summer than spring or fall.
- Stylish leather
- Good traction, good arch and heel support
- Rubber toe caps
- Not completely water-resistant
- Only suitable for warm weather
Merrell Men Moab 2 Mid Gtx High Rise Hiking High Rise Hiking Boots
- GORE-TEX waterproof membrane, exceptional breathability and waterproof performance
- Synthetic leather and mesh upper
- Bellows, closed-cell foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out
- Protective rubber toe cap
- Vibram TC5+ sole
If you’re looking for some of the best hiking shoes for wide feet, then Merrell made great shoes – Merrell Men’s MOAB 2. Great hiking Merrell boots for men Having wide feet is a great option to consider.
You should use these shoes if you go hiking frequently on wet terrain. They’re gentle but they also offer full protection that’s second to none. Made from synthetic leather: suede, suede, and mesh, these boots are comfortable and very light.
The sole should be evaluated because it provides balance to the wearer. They feature a Vibram TC5 outsole in vulcanized rubber for shock absorption. Vibram is a renowned material that provides unbeatable all-terrain traction. You can use these shoes on any terrain without slipping.
The Q-Form midsole and Merrell air cushion compress EVA in the heel to reduce shock and provide a perfect feel. The zigzag molded nylon arch provides you with the support of the upper arch. If you walk a lot, you don’t have to worry about heel pain anymore.
It also has a waterproof Gore-Tex lining that keeps your feet fresh and dry all day long. You can wear these shoes on long hikes and your feet will stay cool, airy and breathable.
- Good traction
- 100% waterproof, Anti-Shatter
- Top arch support
- The mudguard protects the shoes from dirt
- Has the Merrell air mattress
- Not great for extra-long hikes
Skechers Men’s Relment- Songeo Trainers
- Air-cooled memory foam
- Relaxed fit
Skechers is the brand you’re looking for for an elegant, spacious hiking boot for wide feet. The Relment Pelmo is a hiking shoe made of suede and synthetic materials, suitable for walking on wet grass, puddles and mud.
The leather upper protects the feet during day hikes. The EVA midsole provides plenty of cushioning for your arch. This padding helps you avoid tendon injuries. The rubber sole has a special handle for increased traction. Special rubber soles for increased traction keep you from slipping.
The active foam sole allows you to walk for miles without fatigue. However, it is not waterproof. Skechers offers 5 color options for you. Skechers means comfort – put your feet in and feel it.
- Relaxed fit
- Good traction
- Top support, protecting ankles and cushioning for your sole
- Not 100% waterproof
Timberland Chocorua Trail Mid Waterproof Boot
- Premium full-grain waterproof leather and mesh uppers
- TimberDry membrane provides breathable waterproof protection
- Adjustable rustproof lacing system for a customized fit
- Compression-molded EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning and shock absorption
- Covered by the Timberland Limited Warranty. For complete terms, limitations, and instructions on how to make a warranty claim, please visit the Timberland website.
Timberland is best known for its fashion accessories and boots. Timberland’s walking boots for wide feet are a reliable choice. They look great on the outside and meet your daily hiking needs.
Chocorua is made entirely of leather. Its two moisture-resistant layers provide maximum protection for your feet: a 100% waterproof leather outer layer and an exclusive Timberland inner layer.
This model is available in both regular width and maximum width at a not-so-expensive price tag. Chocorua is great value for money, try it out!
- Suitable for long tracking
- The stitching is quite thick
SALOMON Men’s X Ultra 3 Mid GTX High Rise Hiking Boots
- SHOES X ULTRA 3 MID GTX Black/India Ink
Improved over previous models, the Salomon X Ultra 3 is the latest generation of the X Ultra hiking shoe line. We believe this non-leather boot is specially designed for wide feet. It provides strong breathability and waterproofing from its Gore-Tex waterproof construction but is also breathable, providing flexible protection for wide feet.
The outsole made of two different rubbers provides a stronger grip whether you’re walking on muddy roads or crossing the ice. Cushion-enhanced EVA midsole provides a snug and secure fit, supporting fatigue-free feet.
Furthermore, the X Ultra 3 asymmetrical chassis adds maximum comfort and stabilizes your heel by being surrounded by foam padding. Best of all, these boots come with Salomon’s 2-year limited warranty.
- Rubber toe guard for safety
- Lightweight and durable
- Advanced chassis system
- ContraGrip traction outsole
- The flat heel model may be uncomfortable
- Too bulky for casual hiking
Danner Men’s Mountain 600 Full Grain Hiking Boot
- Danner Dry waterproof protection. Cushioning open-cell OrthoLite footbed.
- Vibram SPE midsole for maximum rebound, comfort and support. Nylon shank.
- TPU heel frame to enhance support and stability.
- Vibram Fuga outsole with Megagrip technology offers superior grip on wet and dry surfaces
- Hazelwood/Yellow,Brown/Red,Dark Brown/Green,Carbon Black,Saddle Tan,Black,Rich Brown,Sand,Walnut/Green,Sandy Taupe,Java/Bossa Nova,Gray,Dark Brown
If men are looking for walking boots for wide feet, Danner could be the sixth choice for you. Their Mountain 600 gained quite a bit of attention because their hiking shoes are quite light. An inner waterproof lining combined with suede is completely waterproof and can walk on snow, mud and rain. At the same time, it provides mild warmth on a cold day.
The lightweight ankle-length design is perfect for short hikes. Because these materials are not recommended for long distances, you should consider purchasing them. The lower leg of these walking boots for wide feet is extremely flexible and feels quite comfortable. The top has a sharp look as well with a high-quality bezel that won’t rust over time.
Megagrip technology and the Vibram SPE midsole allow the shoe to provide plenty of traction while keeping your feet balanced. If you like comfortable exterior design and everyday versatility, you should consider the Mountain 600.
- Full Suede exterior
- Not suitable for long hikes
Timberland Women’s White Ledge Mid Hiking Boot
- Padded collar and tongue for additional comfort
Timberland is a well-known and trusted company that offers a wide selection of apparel, footwear and accessories. When you think of Timberland, you will immediately think of 6-inch street boots, but it also carries a range of quality hiking boots.
Timberland’s White Ledge is a waterproof mountain bike and features a durable rubber and leather outsole. These boots are well-crafted and are rubber-water resistant. It is sealed at the outer seams, creating an impenetrable water-resistant film.
More than just support on the outside, the mesh inside keeps your feet breathable, comfortable and cool. These boots have a padded collar that acts as a shield to prevent dirt and debris from getting inside.
The sole of the shoe is made of top quality materials. High-grade rubber outsole provides top traction, water resistance and good grip, suitable for snowy and slippery terrain. The curved design and soft cushioning of the sole protect your feet on a variety of terrains.
A flat 1-inch heel contributes to the curvature of the sole, fixing your foot in a balanced position. EVA’s sole provides plenty of cushioning, providing adequate stiffness for long trails while maintaining great stability.
These walking boots are a great choice for women with wide feet.
- Stylish leather upper
- Good grip on difficult terrain
- Gum rubber sole
- Padding rubbing against the ankle
- Limited colour choice
Vasque Womens Trailbender II
- Power up your hiking and log more miles with the Trailbender II
- Synthetic structured mesh upper
- Anatomical high-rebound footbed
- Injection-molded EVA midsole
- Vasque Micro Plus outsole
These walking boots for women’s wide feet by Vasque come with many useful features because they are always with you on any trail. On boot, it looks very fashionable.
The upper is made of nubuck leather, similar to suede. The only difference is that nubuck is water-resistant. In addition, nubuck is rated for durability and high quality. Polyamide mesh increases wear resistance and breathability. UltraDry membrane supports the outside as a waterproof membrane.
Wicking mesh lining is great for spring and fall, keeps your feet from blistering and damp. The EVA midsole provides plenty of cushioning and reduces weight because EVA is lighter than other materials. Vibram outsole for enhanced traction on all terrains.
- Great design
- Suitable with different weather conditions
- UltraDry membrane and nubuck leather
Berghaus Men’s Expeditor Ridge 2.0 Walking Boots High Rise Hiking
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable AQ membrane
- Ortholite Anatomical Footbed for comfort
- Lightweight molded EVA midsole for cushioning
- Opti-stud superior grip soles for all terrains
- Robust leather upper
Berghaus is one of the leading footwear, fashion and accessories brands based in the UK. It specializes in the production of loose-fitting, loose-fitting outdoor fashions, and these boots are no exception.
From the looks of it, I believe you will think these boots are very nice. Although they are only available in two colors Black Red and Dark Brown, they are extremely suitable for masculine and dark clothes, adding to the gentleman’s elegance.
These walking boots for wide feet are made of leather on the outside, contoured, resistant and durable. The interior is a man-made material that ensures breathability that is both comfortable and stylish. In particular, it also has layered slots in EVA to aid stability. As a result, your feet will maintain a balanced position regardless of the terrain. They can be worn all day without fear of foot odor and used for a long hike.
- Resistant, breathable and durable
- Good arch support and stability
- The outer sole can be used on different terrains
- Light on your feet
- Not completely waterproof
- Limited colour options
Hi-Tec Men’s Altitude Vi I Waterproof High Rise Hiking Boots
The Hi-Tec Men’s Altitude IV waterproof hiking boots are walking boots for wide feet that are perfect for days when you want to go hiking.
Although it is not a popular one, its useful features will surprise you. Nubuck leather and various rubbers are used to keep the shoe scratch-free and enhance the lateral support of your foot.
The Altitude IV’s biggest advantage is its light weight. It won’t be a problem if you carry heavy equipment when hiking or hiking. Thick cushioning and cushioning on its midsole provides stability for the foot. Although the sole is quite thick, it does not hinder the level of flexibility when moving.
- Super comfortable
- Perfect for people with wide feet
- Provides support to the feet and ankles
- Not the most breathable
Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Boots
- Waterproof seam-sealed bootie construction
- Techlite lightweight midsole
- Omni-Grip non-marking traction rubber outsole
The Columbia Newton Ridge Plus II is a comfortable and stylish hiking shoe for wide-footed men. It comes in four earth tones and has a casual look, making it a great affordable choice.
Plus, they’re lightweight thanks to Techlight technology in the midsole. It’s made of leather, nylon and rubber – a perfect combination of lightness and durability. These boots feature an Omni-Grip design on a rubber sole that ensures you’ll be off-road with ease. Whether you’re walking in the snow or climbing into remote areas full of obstacles, no worries!
The outer full-grain leather is durable and highly effective for outdoor activities, and best of all, it’s completely waterproof. Furthermore, the collar and tongue allow your feet to let heat out.
- Stylish and available in four colors
- Omni-Grip multi-terrain traction system
- Leather exterior
- Trail performance is not good compared to others
Things To Consider When Buying Best Walking Boots For Wide Feet
How Do You Measure Your Feet?
Do you know how to measure your feet? Do you know what shoe size your feet fit when you’re immature? You can go to a shoe store and ask them to measure you. You can also do it yourself in the following way:
First, measure the width of your feet with a tape measure and compare them. The result may be that one leg is larger than the other. If so, don’t worry as this is quite common.
Take the measurement of the wider foot. Select it and measure the length from the tip of the longest toe to the heel. The result is your foot length. Then measure the width at the widest part of your foot. Finally, based on the sizing chart and find the correct or approximate size for your foot.
Woven nylon for breathability support is very common in boots. It is known to help reduce the weight of shoes. However, it is not very durable. But Salomon Quest 4 is an exception, it is made of high-quality woven nylon panels that are relatively durable.
Nubuck leather is a popular material on high-priced walking boots for wide feet. It is leather-covered with a glossy finish that is not prone to scratches like suede. The plus is that it is more durable than most nylon leathers. Glossy Nubuck leather is softer than traditional options but not as durable in terms of durability. Therefore, manufacturers often combine Nubuck leather and mesh to increase the durability of the boots.
Hard, heavy boots are usually made from this type of leather. For example Zamberlan Vioz GTX, Danner, you will find one-piece leather caps here. Products made from this material are mostly heavy and difficult to wick away moisture but are extremely durable and water-resistant. Some boots like the Danner Mountain Light require some maintenance to keep the leather in good shape, and its sole can be reworked to last longer. So after the lugs wear out, you only need to replace the sole, not the entire boot.
Obviously, if you want your feet to stay comfortable after a hike or hike, your companion shoes must fit well. Boots that are too loose or too tight can cause foot problems. They can lead to blistering, peeling, and other conditions that quickly end your hike. If you have wide feet it can be more difficult to find a well-fitting boot because some boots are especially narrow.
If you want to shop online, it’s best to read reviews from previous customers to see what people have to say about the boots you’re interested in. Although the same size, boots from different manufacturers may or may not fit the foot.
If you’re shopping at the store, go shopping at the end of the day. This is the perfect time to try walking boots for wide feet because your feet will be a bit bigger at the end of the day due to many hours of standing. You can refer to the instructions of the store staff.
When trying on boots you should wear socks so that you get an accurate and realistic feel of the boots on the trail. Try walking and wiggle your toes inside. If your toe touches the top of the shoe, look for a larger unit.
Weight is also a very important feature to consider first when choosing walking boots for wide feet. If it’s too heavy, you’ll have trouble hiking. On the contrary, it loses its function of keeping warm and protecting. What you’re looking for is a balance between protection and practicality. The average weight of walking shoes is usually between 2.5 pounds and 3.5 pounds. In addition, the weight of the boots depends on the type of hiking. So consider the distance and terrain you will be applying your shoes too.
This product is best for long hikes on easy terrain or a short overnight backpacking trip. Gore Text waterproof lining is standard and less expensive. Materials used typically mesh and nylon but are not as durable as some other leather options. Merrell’s Moab 2, Keen Targhee II, and Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid are popular lightweight options for you.
The mid-weight hiking shoe is a blend of mobility and maximum protection. These styles of boots are great for backpackers and hikers. The typical faces are Salomon Quest 4 and Lowa Renegade. These boots provide solid support under the foot making the boots a bit stiffer than lightweight boots. They are made from quality materials like Gore-Tex and Scarpa Zodiac Plus
These walking boots for wide feet have stiffer soles that are durable and extremely reliable. They are tolerant of moisture and snow and are built for rocky, hard-to-reach trails and long treks carrying heavy backpacks. They provide stronger upper and toe protection. Their balancing construction keeps the heel from slipping with each step. Typically Zamberlan Vioz GTX and Asolo Fugitive GTX.
Tread And Traction
The tread, or lugs, on the sole of your shoe, will directly affect your ability to grip the road when hiking. They are small rubber gaskets in the shape of a groove. A person climbing a mountain and a person walking through the desert will need shoes with different lug depths.
The deeper the lugs, the easier it is to stick to surfaces. However, the deeper the lug, the more weight it adds to the boot. Combined with the outsole material, you need to find a balance between weight and durability. Two commonly used materials are recycled rubber and Vibram.
Cost is something you need to consider when buying walking boots for wide feet. There are many things that also play a role in the price. You will pay more for more complex technologies and materials such as leather. They can be used longer or are of higher quality with more features.
Depending on your budget as well as the purpose of use, you should consider spending reasonably. And in our opinion, genuine and more expensive shoes will save you money in the long run as it lasts longer.
Ventilation And Breathability
The next thing you should consider is the breathability of hiking shoes. It comes down to foot hygiene, which is more important on long trips. No one likes smelly and sweaty feet while hiking in thick socks. If not taken care of, tinea versicolor is really worrisome.
Newer composites such as Gore-Tex and other mesh materials have overcome this problem. They offer ultimate water-resistance while still allowing your feet to breathe. These breathable walking boots for wide feet will keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter, without worrying about bacteria buildup.
Certain comfort is the primary goal of shopping for almost any shoe. Model and size all play an important role, but they fall behind comfort. Shoes with the right level of comfort will not cause discomfort and blistering to your feet. Some stores allow you to return the item after you’ve put on your boots, but some don’t, so please check your shoes thoroughly before you buy them.
Some of the things you can look for are padding around the ankles and insoles that keep your feet from getting too compressed. Details such as cushioning, mesh lining and moisture-wicking materials also ensure that your feet stay dry and comfortable.
Stiffness And Stability
For maximum protection, good hiking boots for wide feet should be designed to stabilize and support firmly through the arch of your foot. It usually has a hard plastic sheet inserted between the insole and outsole. The benefit of hard boots is that the heel won’t drop, which is extremely durable when you’re climbing steep mountain peaks.
We chose the Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid as the face of these uses. It has the ability to support the ankle, conquering difficult roads to deal with.
The Lowa Renegade or Salomon Quest 4 are great for trail riding, walking on rough ground, or crossing open spaces. They provide a high level of flexibility that keeps you moving fast and light.
Most hiking boots are waterproof because there are waterproof and breathable pads inside or with the addition of chemical water-repellent treatment. Gore-Tex or Keen’s Keen technology is commonly used in some hiking boots.
Additionally, a water-repellent coating helps insulate the heat from the cold, perfect for humid conditions or environments. These designs are suitable for adventurers in mountainous areas where there is always the possibility of rain or snow.
However, the shoes are not suitable for dry conditions and environments because it does not allow moisture to escape, causing moisture accumulation and a wet feeling from the inside.
For more information, you can look at this video:
Our Top 5 Picks Of Best Walking Boots For Wide Feet
These best walking boots for wide feet come in different designs, uses, and prices. Here we have a detailed guide on what you should consider before buying shoes to choose the model that looks great and suits you best.
Remember the first criteria for choosing a boot is comfort, plenty of support, and breathability. Don’t let your feet hurt while moving and ruin the whole ride!
So, when buying walking boots, don’t just pay attention to the appearance and price, but you should consider both the benefits and the comfort that they can bring you. That is the reason you should ask the shop assistants while buying online or buying directly at the stores.
Based on our information, these are top 5 picked best walking boots for wide feetInvalid table id.
After reading about the 15 best walking boots for wide feet, have you chosen the best product yet? We’ve put together an overview of these products with their benefits and weaknesses, so we hope you’ll find something that’s right for you. Thank you for reading this article and we hope to see your thoughts and comments.