Ableton controller are the best choice for all kinds of DJs. They are designed for live performances and offer many useful features to make performing easier.
The Best Ableton controllers are the best choice because they are available in different sizes, shapes, colors, and price points. They are easy to set up and use, which is important for beginner DJs who want to learn how to use a Dj controller. DJ controllers also come with many other features that make them stand out from other controllers.
Best Ableton controller Reviews 2022
Ableton Push Controller
- Hardware instrument for hands-on playability with Ableton Live 9.7
- New sampling workflows: slice, play and manipulate samples from Push
- Play or step sequence beats, notes, chords and automation
- Large multicolor display adapts to show what you need
- 8 touch-sensitive encoders for controlling mixer, devices and instruments, and Live browser navigation
Learn from the award-winning instructors at Omega Institute how to become a more engaged and creative musician and producer.
Push has a whole new sampling workflow. You can now slice, trigger and manipulate samples with ease.
You can use sequences of notes, chords, and automation to set up your song. Play or step sequence beats!
Large, high-quality external displays always show the information that you need.
With 8 touch-sensitive encoders and a built-in browser, navigating your sets will be a breeze.
- The Ableton Push is a robust and versatile controller; it is a great method for controlling parameters, sequencing, and producing.
- The Push is also a small and portable device that is very easy to transport.
- It has a good price point for both beginners and pros.
- With the Push, you can quickly create entire songs either by working on existing loops or by building up your own sounds using
- Ableton Push 2 is very expensive.
AKAI Professional APC40MKII
- Intelligent circuitry adapts to every register and playing nuance, providing natural compression that preserves the fundamental bass tone
- Interactive internal processing enables users to dial in sophisticated multiband compressor settings with simple stompbox controls
- Professional 18-volt input electronics provide ample headroom for any bass, ensuring clean and punchy sound with no distortion
- High-resolution gain reduction indicator shows the current compression amount at a glance
- Digital circuitry greatly reduces noise, a common problem with standard compressors
AI circuitry has a natural sound that avoids muting the bass register and still ensures a smooth tone.
With these presets you can easily adjust the settings of your classic compressors, even if you haven’t done it before. You will relax in this new level of control.
The professional 18-volt input content that this brand provides is perfect for bass instruments because the sound stays clean and punchy without any distortion.
The high-resolution gain reduction indicator shows the current compression amount quickly and lets you see the level of compression for yourself.
This 5-year warranty ensures you will never have to worry about the long-term reliability of your machine.
- You can use this controller with most major DAWs
- It has a nice feel
- It has great functionality
- It is portable
- It is quite durable
AKAI APC40 Ableton
Ableton Live is a powerful music-creation software with lots of useful features. Akai Professional makes the APC40 controller to make it easier to work with Ableton Live.
The APC40 is a performance controller for Ableton Live. Combined with the software, it can really change how you experience making music – because everything just feels more fluid and musical.
The APC40 is the perfect link between your brain and the computer. It gives you control over-analytical parameters while also letting your creativity shine through.
Whether you need software to help you create music, mix or remix songs, or play music on stage or in the studio – the APC40 is an intuitive and powerful instrument for any project.
The Ableton APC40 Controller is partnered with Akai Professional and works out the box. You can connect your laptop to it by using a USB cable and get to work on the highest level of live performance control.
The APC40 is so easy to use that you don’t need any installation or admin rights whatsoever. Just plug it in and power up, then select the APC40 as your controller in Ableton (under Preferences) and you’re ready to go.
The APC40 instrument comes pre-mapped for instant use with Ableton Live software. If you’re not acquainted with the APC40 just yet, it will be easy & intuitive to get around on right away.
If you’re an experienced LIVE user, you’ll love the APC40’s custom-mapping feature. You can simply map every knob, button, and fader to how you like to work so that everything is at your fingertips.
The APC40 and Ableton Live together to create a highly interactive workflow. Live communicates directly to the APC40, with the latter in turn able to receive feedback from and influence events in Live. This is how it can display clips on the matrix of 40 pads
- Allows for use of the APC40 as an external mixer for Ableton
- Allows for hands-on control of Live through the APC40
Novation Launchpad X MIDI Grid
- Take Control of Your Performance – Essential performance controls are a single button-press away: stop, solo, mute, record arm and set your levels, pans and sends. Using Launchpad X is a simple as it gets, no drivers to install, just plug and perform.
- Dynamic and expressive playing – Large RGB velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads give you a perfect reflection of your Ableton Live or Logic Pro session, matching colours from the session window to your Launchpad Pro, making it easier than ever to see your clips and play your instruments dynamically and expressively.
- Our Deepest Ableton Live Integration – Quickly launch clips and scenes, access mixer, device and transport controls, and quantise, duplicate and double, all without touching your mouse — making it easier and more tactile to control your performances. Capture MIDI makes sure you never miss an idea so you keep in the creative flow.
- Make It Yours with Four Custom Modes – Go deeper and get Launchpad X working the way you want. Use Novation Components to customise MIDI mappings, and control almost anything; four custom modes mean you can design how this essential grid controller works for you.
- Dynamic Note & Scale Modes – Effortlessly play perfectly in-key basslines, melodies, chords and leads. Launchpad X even knows when you’re drumming and shows your drum rack on the grid. Easily explore, build and play complex chords straight from the grid; quickly find new harmonies to boost your track creation.
64 RGB pads – these large RGB pads let you see your Ableton Live session right in front of you, making it easier than ever to find the loop that goes with the moment.
Ableton Live Integration is the type of thing you’ll love if you’re always on the go. You can turn any space into an audio production studio, or make spaces limitless.
This integration will make it possible for you to create clips and scenes quickly by using a MIDI controller, never lose ideas with the Capture MIDI feature, and will give you quick access to some of Feedback’s features – all without having to use a mouse.
Four Custom Modes – choose any type of MIDI control and make the perfect mapping with these powerful features.
Dynamic Note and Scale modes – enable you to effortlessly play perfectly in-key basslines, melodies, chords and leads.
The Launchpad X knows when you’re drumming and shows your drum rack on the screen. It offers a velocity and pressure-sensitive, RGB pad which is instrumental to giving you full control of your devices and instruments.
- The Novation Launchpad X is a modern controller with a sleek design that is perfect for controlling Ableton Live, Logic, FL Studio, and other DAWs.
- The Launchpad X also has a robust library of over 500 sounds.
- It features 16 RGB pads that are both pressure and velocity-sensitive for drum programming, performance, and sound design.
- The controller has an integrated MIDI sequencer with 16 tracks
Novation Launchpad Pro
- Enhance your live performance with hands-on control of clips and tracks using five simple modes, including Scale Mode; Plug it straight into Logic Pro and play it like a keyboard
- The 8x8 grid of RGB pads light up to match the color of your clips in Ableton, so you can concentrate on triggering and combining your loops and ideas
- Make dynamic beats, play like an instrument and mix without losing focus and ontrol any effect or instrument mid-performance to add expressive effects like reverb or filters
- Software for Mac and PC, Including: Ableton Live Lite, XLN Audio Addictive Keys, Novation Bass Station and V Station virtual instruments and over 4GB of Loopmasters samples
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
Get a hands-on experience of your live performance with five simple modes.
Ask anyone who uses Ableton, and they’ll tell you just how cool the 8×8 grid of RGB pads is. They react in turn to the color of your clips making it easier to focus on creating new loops and ideas.
Reach a level of mastering your sound without concern for time constraints or even enabling different effects on the go with the use of your MIDI controller.
Do you need a sound studio on your computer? You found the right one, with the perfect features.
International products (products coming from outside your country) may seem strange and you might even be worried to purchase them. But you shouldn’t worry! Remember, they’re often cheaper to buy and can give you a fresh experience. Plus, they’re often better quality than the local equivalent!
- Novation Launchpad Pro is an updated version of the Launchpad, with several new features.
- The most significant improvement is the addition of RGB pads, which are configurable to support up to 16 colors for each pad in the kit.
- The pads are made of a durable rubberized fabric, which feels like it can withstand heavy use.
- The overall feel of the Launchpad Pro feels much more premium
- Limited compatibility
How To Choose The Best Ableton Controller?
When choosing the best Ableton controller, you should consider the following aspects:
Control Panel Interface
The Control Panel Interface is the most important part of the controller. It is the place where you will spend most of your time working with. Choosing a control panel interface for your controller DJ can be a difficult process, there are a wide variety of different interface styles to choose from, including:
The price of a controller can range anywhere from $30 to $1500+. There are two types of controllers: manual and automatic. Manual controllers are the most widely used type and they use knobs, faders, and buttons to control music. A well-known feature of the automatic controller is the built-in computer which uses pressure-sensitive pads on the surface for a variety of functions such as scrolling through tracks and adjusting volume. The higher end models will come with a higher quality display that is a touchscreen, whereas lower end models will have a display that is not touch sensitive.
The DJ controller is a device that is used by DJs to control audio playback on a DJ mixer. The controller has a number of features and inputs including jog wheels, sliders, and buttons. A warranty protects the customer for any defects in the product that may arise from manufacturing or workmanship errors.
Setting up a DJ controller can be a daunting task. There are many aspects of the controller that need to be considered and setting everything up can take hours. This article will break down all the dimensions of controllers and how they work.
The controller for a DJ is an important tool to preserve and understand. The weight of the controller can help you know if it is easy to use and the design of the controller can help you know whether or not it will provide a positive experience.
What are the benefits of using an Ableton controller?
Ableton controllers are an electronic musical instrument that is used to replace the functions of a traditional keyboard.
Some of the benefits are that it saves space, it’s lightweight, and you can take it anywhere. Ableton controllers are also easy to use and they come with many features. The thing about Ableton controllers is that they are also affordable.
One downside of Ableton controller is that you can’t access all the features unless you have a computer. So if you want to save space, want something light weight, and don’t want to take your laptop everywhere with you then an Ableton controller may be the thing for you!
What is the best kind of controller for DJs?
DJ controllers can be used to replace the turntables and the mixer. DJ controllers typically contain two decks for beat-matching music, a crossfader, filters, effects units, and any other number of features depending on the model.
Many DJs use DJ controllers because they are portable and can be hooked up to laptops or other devices with sound cards. A DJ controller is also a good option for DJs looking for a more convenient way to perform live sets in clubs or stages.
How many types of controllers are there?
The types of controllers are split into two categories: analog and digital. Analog controllers are the ones that you will find on a traditional console, steering wheel, or guitar. Digital controllers are the ones you will find on your laptop or phone.
Analog controllers are more popular because they don’t require any type of technology that might not be available in some areas of the world.
Why are Ableton controllers the best choice for DJs?
The majority of the best DJs today use Ableton controllers. This equipment is a preferred choice for a number of reasons.
First, the playing surface is designed to be highly sensitive and incredibly responsive. The touch-sensitive pads make it easy to do things like stop, start, and speed up playback with the swipe of a finger. In addition, there are many control knobs that can be used to manipulate parameters such as pitch or cut-off on an individual sound on the fly.
This gear also offers more than just flexibility in terms of sound manipulation; it’s convenient for DJs who like to improvise while they’re performing. The controls are intuitive enough for anyone to learn how to use them in less than five minutes; this means that even novice musicians can start using them on stage
Can I use my computer with an Ableton controller?
This blog post will take you through the steps on how to set up Ableton with a MIDI controller.
For years, Ableton has offered a way for musicians to make music by performing or sequencing digital instruments. The program is suited for live performance, recording, production, and composition. It was originally designed as a digital audio workstation (DAW) for computer-based recording and editing of sounds. But now it is also used as a DAW for live performances due to its low latency that allows real-time processing of audio signals.
But it wasn’t until recently that Ableton has become popular among electronic musicians who use MIDI controllers to create music in front of an audience. Of course, there are many other DAWs out there that are capable of the same things as Ableton.
Conclusion & Best Recommendations for an Ableton MIDI Controller
The market for MIDI controllers is, without a doubt, very crowded. There are many models with varying features and prices, making it difficult for beginners and professionals alike to choose the best Dj controller recommendation.
The conclusion of this article has been about Ableton’s Push 2 DJ Controller. It offers tactile control, an intuitive interface, and good compatibility with most DAWs on the market today. It also comes at an affordable price for beginners who are just starting out in music production. We hope you find what you need.
Looking for the best Ableton controller? This list has you covered with everything from Novation to Korg. It can take your performance to a whole new level