Looking for something that can bring your creations on the papers to solid form in real life? A 3D printer can be a great help. Whether you’re a beginner who wants to challenge yourself with something different, or somebody that is looking for a new 3D printer to replace their old one at home, we’ve got you covered. Here are our top picks of the best 3D printer under 500.
Our team of experts has gathered and selected from thousands of reviews to create this list. Read on as it can help you save time and money before you decide to buy anything. We hope you’ll find the best choice for you on our list.
Best 3D Printer Under 500 Comparison 2023
** Below, you will find our detailed reviews of the best 3d printer under 500, but you can also click these following links to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
- Resume Print: Ender 3 has the ability to resume prints even after a power outage or lapse occurs
- Easy and Quick Assembly: It comes with several assembled parts, you only need about 2 hours to assemble 20 nuts well
- Extruder greatly reduces plugging risk and bad extrusion; V-Slot with POM wheel make it move noiseless, smoothly and durable
- Strict Test: 24 Hours testing for key components before delivery and life-time technical support. Safety protected Power supply, Only need 5 minutes for hotbed to reach 110℃
- Note: As an authorized distributor, we Comgrow offer 100% original Reality 3D Printer, and can offer professional after sales technical support
- 【4K Monochrome LCD】6.6-inch 4K monochrome LCD screen with a replaceable anti-scratch tempered glass with 9H hardness for a better light transmittance at 4098 x 2560 high resolution, protecting the screen while restoring model details to the greatest extent.
- 【Powerful COB Light Source】Upgraded free-form surface COB lens consists of 36 highly integrated UV LED lights, paired with Fresnel lens to deliver an even beam of 405nm wavelength for a more smooth surface finish and incredible printing quality.
- 【Large Build Volume】With a large build volume of 143.43×89.6×175mm (5.647×3.52×6.8 inches), you can print one large model or undergo batch printing in a single job, which saves your time and greatly improves your productivity.
- 【Designed for Reliability】Non-slip hexagon socket leveling screws work with the sandblasted oxide surface build plate for stronger adhesion and more stable printing. PFA release liner with less release tension for a higher printing success rate.
- 【Better Printing Experience】Built-in active carbon filter can effectively absorb and filter the resin odor and pungent fumes, giving you a fresh printing experience. Copper heat tubes and a powerful cooling fan with faster heat transfer and better cooling efficiency, extending the life span of 3D printer.
- Intelligent bed leveling: achieve error-free bed leveling with machine assisted bed leveling and manual operation.
- Carbon silicon crystal glass build plate: quick heating up, greatly reduces first layer warping issues.
- Beginner-friendly 3d printer: easy assembly process with detailed user manual, enjoy 3d printer assembly fun.
- Filament auto loading/unloading: insert filament end for auto feeding, which guarantees smooth extrusion, and eventually precise printing.
- Additional Features: ❶ Larger build volume：235*235*250mm, 14% larger than that of Aquila.❷ 4.3 inch touchscreen：user-friendly UI interface simplifies 3d printing, increase working efficiency.❸Filament supported: print with PLA, ABS, PETG.
- Intelligent Auto Leveling 3d printer: ANYCUBIC KOBRA captured with the Self-developed Anycubic LeviQ Leveling Function equipped with 25-point precise leveling up, which can compensate the unevenness of the heated bed automatically, to achieve easy, fast and precise leveling, providing you with a more intelligent printing experience.
- Ultra Smooth Printing: Direct drive extruder provides greater conveying force and preciser filament control. Compatible with PLA/ABS/PETG/TPU flexible materials. It can reduce jitter in filament transmission and ensure printing precision.
- Fast Printing & Large Printing Size: ANYCUBIC KOBRA 3D Printer maximum printing speed is 180mm/s, Average speed is 80mm/s, 167% faster than industry standard, enable you save more time on waiting. Large build volume of 8.7x8.7x9.84in / 220*220*250mm, which has enough space and freedom to realize your fantastic creativity.
- Removable Magnetic Platform: The models can be removed by bending the spring magnetic platform gently after printing. The platform can withstand high-intensity printing and is corrosion free, saving you a lot of maintenance cost.
- More Function: ①ANYCUBIC KOBRA is an all-in-one frame 3D printer, can minimize the shaking to improve the print quality. The modular design allows the printer to be assembled only in 10 minutes; ②ANYCUBIC KOBRA 3D Printer weighs only 7kg, which is lightweight and portable; ③ANYCUBIC KOBRA is equipped with 4.3-inch LCD touch screen, which brings sensitive response and brighter display, offering better using experience; ④All ANYCUBIC 3D printers backed with lifetime technical support and 24 hours professional customer service.
- 【Randomly shipped】You will receive the black and orange one or the white and black one
- 【High quality 8.9 inch 4K industrial grade 】Foto 8.9 uses new parallel UV lighting source uniforms light distribution, reduces heating.With 3840*2400 pixels 4K monoscreen significantly restores 3d design details, ensures it prints fine 3d models with full specifics
- 【Double Linear Rails Z-axis System】Equips with double linear rails, wire rod motor and nuts, the Z-axis linear rails move steadily. This allows Foto 8.9 eliminates layer lines and riffles on final 3d prints, shows smooth surface and delicate texture
- 【Effective Heat Dissipation System】Innovative air flow design ensures Foto 8.9 an optimal 3d printing environment, which helps increase 3d printing quality and extend monoscreen’s service life. Additionally, it greatly reduces 3d printing machine maintain cost, save worry
- 【Supports Two Slicing Software】Foto 8.9 works with CHITUBOX and Flashforge self-developed slicer FlashDLPrint. With its easy operation, 8x Anti-aliasing feature and many more practical functions, Foto 8.9 empowers everyone, even 3d print beginners, to print 3d models with smooth edges and elegant looks
- 【Faster printing speed】Flashforge foto 3D printer comes with a 8.9" 4K Monochrome LCD with an HD resolution of 3840 x 2400, and only takes 2 seconds per layer exposure to cure resin yet still delivers outstanding printing results.
- 【Larger Printing Size】Foto series has a large printing size of 192*120*200 mm/7.56*4.72*7.87 inch, and users can print multiple full-size models at the same time, greatly improving the production efficiency.
- 【Quality Prints】LCD 3D printer adopts a new light source structure which provides more even UV light emission, working together with 4k monchrome screen, the printing details and precision are greatly improved.
- 【Longer Life】Compared with other 3D printer ,Foto series LCD has a much longer lifespan and stable performance during long term printing.
- 【Warranty and Service】: All Flashforge 3d printers are provided lifetime technical assistance and 12-months warranty. if you have any question please free contact us.
- CR Touch Auto Bed Leveling: Upgraded CR Touch 16-point automatic bed leveling technology saves you in the trouble of manual leveling. Easy to use, the intelligent leveling system can automatically compensate for the printing height of different points of the hot bed. It saves much more time for customers in long-time leveling adjustment, quickly finish the leveling process.
- Silent Mainboard: Low-decibel operation ensured by a silent mainboard, will not bothering study or work. Which has stronger anti-interference, faster and more stable motion performance, silent printing and low decibel operation, create a quiet environment.
- Smooth Feeding: Full-metal extruder with greater force enables smooth feeding, reducing the risk of nozzle blockage. Quick Heat Dissipation: Corrugated heat sink enlarges the radiating area, enabling fast cooling down.
- Durable Glass Build Surface: Carborundum glass build surface effectively reduces the warping issue with even heating. The coating brings good adhesion for filament, and the finished models can be easily removed by bending the print sheet.
- Resume Printing Function: Ender 3 Neo can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages. What You Get: Ceality Ender 3 Neo 3D printer, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service.
- Self-developed Silent Motherboard: The Ender-3 V2 adopts 32 bit self-developed silent motherboard, which has stronger anti-interference, faster and more stable motion performance, silent printing and low decibel operation. CUSTOMER SERVICES: If you have any question or need technical support about the product, Please press "Ask a question" through our storefront's page, report an issue through " Your Orders" page. We will respond with 24 hours.
- UL Certified MeanWell Power Supply: Equipped with MeanWell power supply, produced by the listed company with mature technology, meeting all the needs of fast heating and long-time printing. Moreover, the power supply is concealed in the machine, making it much safer.
- Effortless Filament Feed-in: Ender-3 V2 adds a rotary knob on the extruder, making loading and feeding filament process much easier; Brand new operation UI system and 4.3" smart color screen greatly improve user experience.
- Resume Printing Function: Can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages, saving your time and reducing waste.
- Carborundum Glass Platform:Enable the hotbed heat up quicker and prints adhere better without the warping. Ultra smoothness even on the first layer.
- Ready to Use: Coming with 99% pre-assemble, Fokoos 3D printers are easy to assemble. Users just fix the 4 screws, insert two cables and then finish the setup. Featuring foldable and integrated structure, Odin F-3 is easy to be organized. The stale platform provides a large printing volume of 235x235x250mm.
- Print with ease: Resume printing function and smart filament break detection make your FDM printing easier, helping you save time and money on filament. Built-in TMC2208 and STM32, FOKOOS 3D printer works quietly and has low power consumption.
- Direct Drive: The all-in-one extruder for TPU, PLA+ and PETG filaments allows for easy filament loading without easy clogging. With dual X-axis and Y-axis, it can work with high precision.
- Open source: As an open-source 3D printer, Odin F-3 allows users to modify hardware and upgrade hardware, such as Bltouch, and Wifi. It also encourages users to make constant improvements.
- Lifetime technical support: Contact our after-sales team anytime to get effective and professional help to solve your problems.
- Easy Assembly & Fast Printing: ANYCUBIC KOBRA NEO 3D Printe is pre-Installed 3D Printers. It is makes it possible to set up the 3d printer within 10 minutes. Faster installation than other FDM 3D printers. Anycubic Kobra Neo prints at a typical speed of 6 cm/s and reaches 10 cm/s at its highest, which will save much time.
- Anycubic LeviQ Auto Bed Leveling: Upgraded 25-point smart and precise calibration and hardware algorithm to compensate for the unevenness of the hotbed automatically. ANYCUBIC KOBRA NEO saves much time for beginners in long-time leveling adjustment.
- Precise Filament Extrusion: The Direct Drive Extruder is integrated within the hotend, making it easier to replace the filament with a lower failure rate. Moreover, the Direct Drive Extruder can deliver the filament more efficiently and precisely. It can restore the form of the model to the greatest extent and you will obtain a high-precision model.
- Adhesive PEI Spring Steel Platform for Easy Removal: The printing platform is made of magnetic spring steel, which is wear-resistant, less breakable and bendable. The magnetic design makes it easy to set up and remove
- Larger Creation Dimension: Compared to the last generation Anycubic Mega S, the printing volume of Anycubic Kobra Neo has increased by 34.4% to reach 12.1 liters. The printing dimension is 250x 220x 220mm, equivalent to the size of a standard size 5 football
Top 17 3D Printer Under 500 Reviews 2023
ANYCUBIC 3D Printer Chiron
- Large Build Volume, ANYCUBIC 3D Printer comes with one of the largest build volume of 15.75 x 15.75 x 17.72 inches, you can print models that 90% of other printers could not, The unique high precision nozzle of 0.4mm hot end with straight through design reduces the weight on the X axis which delivers better performance even on very tall prints, Your creativity will be maximized
- Semi Auto Leveling and Resume Print, Equipped with an auto leveling module which automatically detects 25 points, supports real time adjustment compensation of nozzle height, 3D Printer can resume printing after power outage or any other unexpected stoppage, One click to resume from the last recorded position when suffering power outages, And the sensor pauses prints and sets off an alarm when you run out of filament which greatly saves time and material
- Easy to Assemble and Use, Full metal body, stable and durable, modular design and only take 5-10 minutes to assemble, TFT Touch Screen with brand new friendly UI to preview model and printing process on screen, offline printing, We use high grade Extruder, smooth feeding and not easy to plug, which can provide you a better printing experience of flexibility
- Printing Precise and Safe, Equipped with Y Axis Dual Sideway and Z axis dual screw rod design, the height on both sides of the Z axis will be recalibrated before each printing which can reduce the probability of releveling before each printing and the print precision of our 3D Printer is greatly improved, 24V DC high power heated bed, heating up to 100℃, Independent high-power mosfet drive, taking into account safety and heating effect
- More Function, Ultrabase Pro, Coated with a special composite coating make the printed large model not easy to warp and easy to demold, All ANYCUBIC 3D printers backed with lifetime technical support and 24 hours professional customer service
The Anycubic Chiron is an amazing 3D printer under 500 that can print bigger than most budget 3D printers. You won’t have to sacrifice quality for the price with this baby. Other than amazing features, it also offers you the chance to bring your creations to life in a variety of sizes.
This machine is very easy to set up, and the packaging as well as the manual should help you to assemble it in no time. It also comes with all the necessary accessories to help you with the installation and the printing process, which can be really beneficial for beginners.
In terms of performance, the Anycubic Chiron is pretty great for a 3D printer under 500. It can print pretty detailed stuff and can create bigger size prints too, which not many budget 3D printers could do. The heated bed is amazing, as well as the Ultrabase Pro print bed. Everything works together well so that your printing process can run as smoothly as possible without your design falling apart halfway through or after.
This printer works with almost every filament too. The sensor of the machine will alert you when it needs to be refilled or any breaking during the printing process. You can easily control everything with the full-color touch display. The only real downside of this model is that the bed needs to be adjusted manually so everything is leveled. It might seem like a hassle, but nothing careful planning couldn’t fix.
- Easy and quick set up.
- Easy navigation with the touchscreen.
- The print bed’s quality is excellent.
- The fast heating bed is awesome.
- Can print large size objects.
- Stepper drivers are removable.
- Amazing end products.
- The bed-leveling isn’t really automatic.
- The fans are loud.
ANYCUBIC Mega Pro
- Multi-functional creation: Anycubic MEGA PRO 3D printer has newly added laser engraving function, which can be realized on wood, paper, leather and other materials, which can not only realize 3D three-dimensional printing but also achieve high-precision engraving to meet your various creative needs.
- Intelligent auxiliary leveling: Automatically level the leveling position of the printing platform, and sound an alarm when leveling, to precisely adjust the height of the print head. 3d lrinters printer adopts a new generation of intelligent algorithms, which can realize the pause of the specified layer and realize multi-color printing.
- Material Interruption Detection & Noise Reduction: When the filament runs out, the MEGA PRO 3D printer printer will automatically pause printing and turn on the smart reminder. You can reload the filament with a single tap. When there is a power failure during use, you only need to choose to continue printing when the power is turned on, and the FDM 3D printer will still show you a complete model.
- Powerful Extruder: Anycubic fdm 3D printer have Independent professional research and development of high-strength extruder, avoids uneven output, greatly reduces the risk of nozzle clogging, and can complete long-term high-intensity flexible printing. The metal structure of the whole machine body effectively stabilizes the machine and improves the accuracy and quality of printing.
- After Sale Service: All of our 3d printers provide one month free return, one year warranty (exclude consumable parts like printer head & platform bed) and lifetime technical support, If you encounter any problems, please feel free contact us
Looking for something that can work double as a 3D printer as well as a laser engraver but still within the budget range? Then the Anycubic Mega Pro is your answer. This machine is sturdy, works amazing, and comes with every accessory you might need. It does require a bit of cable work to have everything run smooth, but for the price tag, it’s pretty neat.
Other than the fact that this machine can do its job at 3D printing quite well, and even can print with colors, perhaps the most interesting feature of this model is that it can also double as a laser engraver. The Mega Pro can give you very highly detailed end products with engraving as well as printing. Everything comes out clean and sharp.
There are still some flaws like the cables and the awkwardly placed filament spool, but overall, this 3D printer is very awesome for a budget-friendly 3D printer. It’s easy to install, and you can control everything with the built-in touch screen.
- Better extruder.
- Sturdy frame.
- Good stability.
- Automatic calibration.
- Runs quietly.
- Built-in touch screen for easier operating.
- Awkwardly placed filament spool.
- Requires some cable works.
Creality CR-10 V2
- [Upgraded Silent Motherboard] - This Creality CR-10 V2 Version is installed with upgraded TMC2208 Ultra Silent Motherboard, lower noise, more stable running, and compression resistance.
- [Dual-Port Hotend Cooling Fans] - Superior cooling performance. They will greatly inprove cooling effectiveness and printing precision, combine efficient and low-noise airflow. The custom-molded blades are designed for high-volume air delivery with less noise and turbulence than last generation fans.
- [Metal Extruder with Filament Breakage Sensor] - All-metal Extruding Unit can endure long continuous printing and improve printing. When filament feeding disrupts, Filament Breakage Sensor aside the metal extruder will prevent printing until feeding resume.
- [Near/Far-end Extrusion] - The original package only includes an All-Metal Bowden Extruding Unit. What’s more, you could extend the printer by installing Titan Direct Drive by yourself, which is greater at printing TPU.
- [Meanwell Power and other Upgrades] - This Newest CR-10 V2 is also installed with Meanwell Power and Filament Feeding Sensor. It is also designed into a stable Triangle structure to reduce the vibration shifting of Z-Axis during printing.
The CR-10 V2 is great for impatient people. It’s quite simple to assemble everything up, and once you have everything figured out the printing process is very easy and straightforward. The frame is sturdy and all-metal, which can last you forever with proper care. It’s also upgradable so you won’t have to completely replace it when the new model comes out.
The most interesting feature of this 3D printer is the cooling process and the heating bed. With a more powerful bed, you won’t have to wait forever to have everything ready to print. The dual part cooling duct also makes the cooling process faster but still able to maintain details throughout the process. Your end products will likely be better with a more even, thorough cooling round.
The CR-10 V2 does have some flaws, such as the quite Inconvenient operating process with a control knob or a somewhat confusing menu. But while it might take you some time to figure that out when you do, the machine basically runs itself and the printing process is really straightforward as we’ve said.
- Simple installation.
- Sturdy frame.
- Stronger power heating bed.
- Has dual part cooling duct for more even, thorough cooling.
- Good adhesion.
- Has a resume-print function and a filament sensor.
- The inconvenient operating process with a control knob.
- Can be quite confusing to navigate.
- Slide-in build plate allows printed objects to be easily removed
- 3.5-Inch full color touchscreen with intuitive icons makes for easy operation
- Sturdy, plastic alloy construction ensures stable prints
- Safe, non-heated build plate
- Wi-Fi, USB, flash drive and Cloud connectivity.Printing material: PLA only.
Everything about the Flashforge Finder screams “user friendly” to use. From the touchscreen to the removable build plate to the Wi-Fi connection, this machine is perfect for beginners or even kids to print their toys with. The design is pretty simple yet smart too. It only works with non-toxic PLA and PETG, which won’t release any toxic fumes. The nozzle is covered up for maximum safety.
The setting up process is simple, and so does the navigating. You can easily operate this machine through the color touchscreen and can connect to your laptop/computer easily through a Wi-Fi connection without needing a USB. This 3D printing machine is very safe to use too, considering that it only works with non-toxic materials and has the nozzle covered up. The build plate can be easily removed for fuss-free transferring.
The downside to this model is that due to the small print bed, you can only print small designs. But worry not, as it still can give you pretty good detail and runs quite smoothly. Also, you’ll have to adjust the bed leveling manually, but nothing too complicated.
- Smart design.
- User-friendly, great for beginners.
- Color touchscreen.
- Removable build plate.
- Runs quietly.
- Has an overhead light for easier tracking.
- The prints are pretty small.
- The bed leveling is manual.
- The filament cartridge is small.
- Can only work with PLA (and PETG to some extent).
Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4
- Exclusive Ultra-Quiet Stepper Driver - Dissipated much less heat and maintaining a higher torque comparing to other quiet stepper drivers available.
- Synchronized Dual Z System - Make sure both side of the gantry move ups and downs the same height and at the same speed, ensure the X carriage always move parallel to the build plate, even when one of the Z-stepper breaks down.
- Direct Drive Extruder - With Extruder, it makes your printer more reliable, especially for flexible filaments.
- AC Heating Platform - For quick heating. A new Lattice glass as 3d printer platform, extremely flat surface, superb adhesion, a breeze to release the printed objects, fast and steady heated curve, tested and durable.
- Power Failure Protection - Continue printing from the position where the last print was stopped during the power failure, and you can stop the continuous operation or power off.
If you’re someone who is living with other people who might find the sound of printer fans too loud or some apartment with walls as thin as paper, then this machine might be the best choice for you. The Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4 is an ultra-quiet, budget-friendly 3D printer that works very well.
This printer can print in big size, and print them quickly. The heating process feels like it takes no time at all. The hot end is volcano hot, so the filament can flow super thick. The cables are very simple and clustering free but do wear out quite quickly due to being exposed. The navigation is easy enough on the touchscreen.
The best thing about this model is it runs super quiet, with almost no noise at all. This is a huge advantage for people who live in a thin wall apartment or have to work from home with other people. Some people find the fans’ sound while running can be too much and it causes them a headache. that won’t happen with this model.
- Smart design.
- The heating process is very fast.
- Ultra-quiet when running.
- Neat cables.
- Easy to navigate through the touchscreen.
- Easy to set up.
- The filament holder could use some improvement.
- The wires can be damaged easily.
Creality CR-6 SE
If you’re looking for something simple, this might be the one for you. The CR-6 SE is a great 3D printer under 500, as it can offer you high-quality results at a budget price. There is no fussing around with this printer, as both the assemble and the printing process are pretty simple. The navigation is a piece of cake thanks to the touch screen.
The best thing about this model is the bed leveling. Manual bed leveling sucks. It’s a pain everyone wants to avoid, as it often takes too much time and causes so many frustrations. You can say goodbye to that pain with this model, as it comes with an automatic bed leveling system. The design is really smart too, as you can swap out the pieces without stopping the auto-bed leveling.
But while it’s great for straightforward printing, if you’re looking for something that can offer more cool extra features then this model might not be the choice for you.
- High-quality bed leveling.
- Great default printing.
- High-quality design with a budget price.
- Easy to navigate with the touchscreen.
- Loading filament can be quite troublesome.
- The settings are a bit simple.
Anycubic Photon S
- 9.25'' Large Screen: ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X 6K is equipped with a large 9.25'' screen, which is 185% larger than ANYCUBIC Photon's 5.5'' screen, 138% larger than a common 6'' screen, and 8% larger than Photon Mono X and its rivals' 8.9'' in screen area.
- For Freedom to Make: ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X 6K can print up to 9.6 x 7.8 x 4.8 in. / 24.5 x 19.7 x 12.2 cm (HWD) at a time, similar dimensions to a super midi rugby ball. 199.1 oz / 5.9 L total printing size leaves more space and freedom for you to make any shapes of cubic.
- 6K Vivid Details: With 5,760 x 3,600 px resolution, ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X 6K's screen has a total number of over 20 million pixels, which is 225% higher than ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X and its rivals' 4K resolution screen. High resolution brings vivid details to your 3D models.
- Print, One Step Ahead: With an impressive print speed at ≤ 8 cm/hr, ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X can print a typical 12cm model in 1.5 hours, which takes 4.5 hours less than ANYCUBIC Photon's 6 hours, and 1.5 hours less than its rivals' 3 hours. Fast printing saves your time wasted on waiting.
- Widely Compatibility: With 30%-100% adjustable light power, ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X 6K supports not only ordinary 405nm UV resins, but also special resins, making it compatible to more materials and environments. In addition, adjusting the light power appropriately can extend the lifespan of both the screen and light significantly.
The Photon S is a fine 3D printer. It can create pretty highly detailed prints despite being a budget 3D printer. It’s simple, both in assembly and in the way to use it. Overall, it’s a pretty basic 3D printer with a great price tag.
The most interesting part of this printer perhaps is the activated charcoal filters. This part of the design makes sure the air stays clear of unwanted smelly fumes while the machine is running the printing process. Other than that, the touchscreen is neat and the details that it can print out are amazing.
But this model does have some flaws left, mainly the bed leveling system. This might take you a few tries to figure out what works best for you.
- Amazing quality printing.
- Affordable price.
- Super easy to assemble.
- Operating is very simple.
- Has activated charcoal filters.
- The bed leveling takes some tinkering around to figure out.
XYZprinting da Vinci Mini
- Fully assembled 3D Printer. Includes 300 g PLA filament (worth £12) and maintenance tools (worth £15); Printing Dimensions: 15 x 15 x 15 cm
- Product Weight: 6.85 kg; Material Compatibility: PLA / PETG / Tough PLA; Connectivity: USB 2.0 Cable, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; Supports Microsoft 3D builder
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 or greater; Mac OS X v10.10 or later; Linux v14.04(only XYZmaker)
- FREE XYZ Resources: 3D modelling software, online video tutorials, 3D model gallery, and technical support
- XYZprinting STEAM 3D Printing Education Curriculum
The XYZ da Vinci Mini is many’s favorites as it can perform quite well, but still very affordable. It’s a simple machine, and everything from setting up to using this printer is as simple as eating a piece of cake. The design is smart too. Despite being open-framed, the nozzle is located behind and in a place that is quite hard to reach to prevent accidental burns.
Another bonus point is that it runs really smooth and quiet, which will save you from noise pollution and disturb other people around you. It also can be connected to your computer/laptop through a USB or Wi-Fi connection.
The only main complaint is the print bed sometimes makes it hard to remove the printed objects.
- Very cheap.
- Can print quite well.
- Easy setup and operation.
- Run quietly.
- Has both a USB and Wi-Fi connection.
- The print bed sometimes causes trouble to remove the printed objects.
No products found.
This is another user-friendly model that is great for beginners. The manual got you covered and the assembling process is a piece of cake with the Anycubic Mega-S. Using it is pretty simple too, as you can navigate everything with the touchscreen. You won’t have to worry about adjusting bed leveling either. For starters, having this 3D printer will surely make you want to start printing right away.
Other than the amazing heated print bed, the other parts of this machine work together well, which helps you create amazing end products. The mega S also comes with extra accessories, so you can save some money up without having to buy and find other parts that you might need.
The mega S, however, does have some flaws. It runs very loud, and the touch screen’s brightness couldn’t be adjusted. The filament can give you some struggles in removing it.
- Quick assemble.
- Beginners friendly.
- Sturdy frame.
- High-quality heated print bed.
- Awesome print quality.
- Comes with extra accessories.
- Loud and makes a lot of noises.
- The touch screen’s brightness is not adjustable.
- The filament can be hard to remove.
The Tronxy X5SA is another bigger 3D printer that has a budget-friendly price tag. Its design helps it to run with fewer vibrations and can boost the print speed a little bit. It can print bigger models, thanks to the large build. The best thing about this model perhaps is the bed leveling. Unlike many other 3D printers that are under 500, this printer does have an auto-leveling, which can be a lifesaver.
The quality overall can be improved a little. The belts and the cable chain, while creating much fewer noises, can be rubbed against each other. The build plate quality is very low, almost feeling like super glue. Overall, it’s great for its price, but it can be better.
- Can print big, thanks to its large build volume.
- Has auto-leveling.
- You would need constant bed leveling.
- The belts and the cable chain can be rubbed against each other.
- Low-quality build plate.
Phrozen Sonic Mini
- 【Fast Printing】Our Mono-LCD Cures Resin in only 1 sec ! Highly improves your manufacturing & prototyping process.
- 【Easy to Operate】Install the building platform, fasten the resin vat, and install CHITUBOX Slicing Software. Add the printing parameters, then slice your file in the software, save it, and upload it onto the printer in just a few clicks.
- 【Excellent Accuracy and Print Quality】ParaLED️ (parallel UV LED matrix back light system) with over 95% Optical Uniformity, better than conventional COB LED.
- XY Resolution: 0.0625 mm | Printing Speed: 50 mm/hr | Layer Thickness: 0.01 - 0.30 mm. With a Z-Axis made of aluminum extrusion, the Sonic Mini is precise and durable.
- 【Warranty and Service】Sonic Mini has a stable mono-LCD screen which can work for over 2000 hours. A free 3-month warranty is provided as our guarantee. Our 3D printers are made, manufactured, and assembled in Taiwan.
The Phrozen Sonic Mini can be the best budget resin 3D printer for many people. It’s fast and simple to set up, easy to use and can work well in terms of printing resin. The end products can come out highly detailed, and for a very cheap price tag, this machine works amazing. It also prints super fast too, like, really, really fast.
But, as the name suggests, the Phrozen Sonic Mini is smaller than your average 3D printer, which means it can only print small objects. This machine works with raisin, which can create some nasty fume so it does require being put in air-ventilated places.
- Can print super fast.
- Super simple to use.
- Very cheap.
- Small build volume.
Creality Ender 3 V2
No products found.
For a price under 300, the Ender 3 V2 works great. It eliminated many problems with the original model, while still maintaining the best traits and even improving it a little bit. This machine is built to be a workhorse, as the printing process is quite strong and can handle tough projects, but still runs smooth and quietly. The result is amazingly detailed objects.
The main complaint to this model seemingly lay in the filament loading, as it sometimes can cause you unwanted trouble. Also, the detachable display is ok, but not really necessary.
- Can create high-quality prints.
- Performs well for its price.
- Runs quietly.
- The filament loading is troublesome.
- Unnecessary detachable display.
- 【Super Easy to Use and Set Up】 Unlike some DIY 3D printers, this Anycubic Photon is almost ready to work out of box. We have adequate instructions for set up, leveling and cleaning, etc. It also comes with all you need accessories and tools help you get started hassle-free. This Photon is basic package, resin are not included.
- 【Extreme Precision and Detail】 Using a 2560x1440 2K HD masking LCD, the Anycubic Photon has XY resolution of 47 microns and Z layer height down to 10 microns, means that it can deliver 3D printed models with amazing detail. The layers are so fine they can't be noticed by the naked eye, which could not be imagined by traditional FDM 3D printers. Printing size is 115 x 65 x 155 mm.
- 【Standalone Metal Body, High Quality CNC Parts】 The compact standalone full metal body brings super rigidity. Metal and CNC-made structure offers repeatable and consistent performance in long run. The Anycubic Photon sets the entry level LCD 3D printer with extreme precision and quality.
- 【Photon Slicer with good support structure generation】 The Anycubic Photon comes with the latest version of in-house designed slicer software which gives you extraordinary user experience. It takes only 1 minute to slice 30Mb .stl model files while the open-sourced slicing software would take up to 10minutes.
- Purchase through Seller【 ANYCUBIC Store（UK）】We provide total one-year machine warranty (5.5'' inch 2K LCD and FEP film excluded) and if you have any questions regarding product operation or software please feel free to contact us. ☆☆Visit ANYCUBIC Amazon official store to watch PHOTON unboxing video (https://www.amazon.co.uk/anycubic)☆☆
Like many other Anycubic models, the Photon is a great machine for the under 500 price tag. The resin 3D printing is surprisingly good with this printer, as it can produce highly detailed projects with a stunning finish. Setting and using the Photon is also super simple, so you won’t have to worry much about that either.
However, the aftermath of resin printing can be quite messy and requires more care than other normal 3D printing processes. The build volume of this machine is a little bit small so that is a downside as well. However, it still has enough space for most basic projects.
- Highly affordable.
- Simple to use and setup.
- Impressive quality prints.
- Clear instructions.
- Custom slicer.
- Small build volume.
- Resin printing sometimes can be messy.
- 【Powerful Functions】. ①Filament run out detection: the printer will warn you when it runs out of filament or there is a problem pulling filament from the roll. You will have the opportunity to resolve the issue and continue printing. ②Strong memory function: If for any reason you happen to remove the SD Card during the printing process, by reinserting the SD Card you can continue printing
- 【STABLITY 】The sturdy metal base and side filament holder make it easy to change the filament without disturbing the printing process
- 【Printer Specification】Large 3d print size: 220x220x250 mm, Support Print Materials: 1.75±0.05mm PLA/ABS/Wood filament, Connect Method: SD card/USB, Support Slice Software: Cura(Win/Linux/Mac)/ JGcreat(windows 64bit), Support File format: STL/OBG/G-Code
- 【Special Design】Simple and clear outlook design, lightweight and stable desktop mini 3d printer. Compact mechanical frame is made of sheet metal base and aluminum body with small footprint. It is ideal product for DIY designer and motherboard is open for you to create various 3D models. Our 3d printers are popular and widely used in education, medical, industrial, mechanical and entertainment field.
- 【After-sales Support】All available products are tested by our professional engineer strictly, good performance and quality. As owner of JGMAKER Magic 3D Printer, professional technology and best after-sale service are provided. If you have any questions, please contact us and we will try our best solving it as soon as possible.
The JGMaker Magic can print pretty neat for a price under 300. It’s cheap and sturdy, which will last you for a long time. Plus, it has a good heated bed, a filament run-out sensor, and SD card protection. The build space is actually a bit more spacious than the advertisement, which means you can print some bigger size projects too.
However, it’s still partially a DIY kit so you’d have to spend some time assembling it. Nothing too hard though. The cooling fans also can be better, but overall for the very cheap price, it’s an a-ok machine.
- Sturdy frame.
- Spacious build surface.
- Good heated bed.
- Has a filament run-out sensor.
- Has SD card protection.
- Requires effort in assembly.
- The cooling fan can be better.
- 【Precise Auto leveling】Geeetech Mizar Pro is a printer with a dual levelling system, provides automatic ABL bed levelling technology at the touch of a button. Equipped with a high-precision leveling sensor and no need for external leveling accessories like BL touch. Mizar Pro also creatively designed GML manual leveling mode, which is more friendly to beginners, amateurs and specialists.
- 【Stable Magnetic Platform】The heat bed adopts a fully fixed design, the aluminum plate is fixed on the bracket with 12 screws, you only need to adjust the height of the nozzle when leveling, the bed won't deform due to temp changes, which also solves the problem of unstable printing caused by loose nuts. The platform is a magnetic plate + steel sheet design, which has stronger adhesion and easier to remove the models.
- 【Resume Printing Function】 Mizar Pro can detect interruptions caused by power failure, end or solid filament, it will automatically stop and save the printing progress and extra protective layer, which can effectively avoid the waste of materials and time caused by abnormal conditions,such as broken or exhausted materials for you.
- 【Super Silent Driver】The Mizar Pro motherboard uses a high-performance 32-bit MCU with faster printing speed. TMC2208 silent driver can effectively reduce the noise of stepper motor than Atmega2560, the printing sound doesn't exceed 50 dBs, which will not disturb your and others work, study and rest.
- 【Easy to assemble and operate】The GEEETECH Mizar Pro 3D Printer has a size of 2220x220x260 mm,a 3.5-inch colour touch screen that is easier to operate than the LCD12864 dot matrix screen; which is better suited to daily need.
This is a reliable, sturdy, and good quality 3D printer. The Geeetech A10 is a great printer kit for a tight budget. Everything is pretty simple to navigate, and you can expect some really good quality results. For people who are new to 3D printing or people who just want something simple then you’ll absolutely adore this machine.
Of course, there are still some flaws and things that can use some improvement such as the power supply unit and the lack of a Duel Z lift setup, but overall the Geeetech A10 is a pretty decent 3d printer.
- Easy installation.
- Good quality end products.
- Runs quietly.
- Doesn’t have a Duel Z lift setup.
- The power supply unit can be better.
Elegoo Mars 2 Pro
- 【Fast Printing and less maintenance】Mars 2 Pro comes with a 6.08 inch monochrome LCD of 2K HD resolution and only takes 2 seconds per layer exposure to cure resin, which could significantly enhance your printing efficiency. Mono LCD has a much longer lifespan and stable performance during long term printing, thus saves your cost.
- 【Outstanding prints and ultra accurcy】Brand new light source structure provides more even UV light emission and working together with 2K mono LCD, the printing details and precision are greatly improved and the 3D printed models are fascinating.
- 【Sturdy build quality】CNC machined aluminum body makes Mars 2 Pro a very formidable machine. Newly-designed sandblasted build plate has a much stronger adherence during printing and enables consistent printing success. Built-in active carbon could absorb the fume of resin and offer you a refreshing printing experience.
- 【Multi language interface】Mars 2 Pro now supports 12 kinds of languages so customers across the world could operate the 3D printer more conveniently without barries.The newly added 10 languages are Japanese, Dutch, Korean, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and Portuguese.
- 【Warranty and Service】We provide a 1-year warranty on the whole printer and 6-month warranty for the 2K LCD (FEP film is excluded). However, Mars 2 Pro comes with 2 extra FEP films for you to replace the original one.
For a relatively low price, the Mars 2 Pro is one of the good 3D printers for a tight budget. It’s not the best, but it can work well and the significantly shorter printing time makes it stand out more than many other models within the price range. It’s also easy to use, and the quality is ok.
Overall, there is nothing really special about this machine, but it’s no doubt a good 3D printer. Plus, It’s very cheap.
- Short curing times.
- Easy to use.
- Better build area.
- The pixel density is slightly lower than other models.
- The fans are loud.
- Doesn’t have a top-down removable vat.
Geeetech Acrylic Prusa I3 Pro B
- Multiple filaments compatible: ABS/PLA/Flexible/PLA/Nylon/Wood-Polymer, making 3D printing creativity more flexible.
- New GT2560 control system, a perfect combination of Mega2560+Ramps1.4.
- Further simplified structure means fast assembly and easy adjustment, which saves you both time and energy
- Enhanced stability and reliability: 8- mm-thick acrylic plates and all metal carriages ensures more stable printing.
- Paired with LCD 2004 panel & SD card reader ,support stand-alone printing.
Easy to use, can handle pretty flexible materials, and super cheap are what we think of when it comes to the Geeetech Acrylic Prusa I3 Pro B. It can print well, and for basic needs, it’s decent enough. Plus, it’s dirt cheap compared to many other 3D printers and the customer service is amazing.
This model still has some flaws such as the slow heating up process or the assembling process could be a little confusing. The PSU is weak and can use some improvement. but for people who are just starting, this is a good choice to get to know the basics of 3D printing before you decide to move on to more advanced models.
- The frame is more sturdy than many other models.
- Can handle flexible materials.
- Super cheap.
- Excellent customer service.
- Does require some tinkering around to work properly.
- The heating up process is quite slow.
- Weak PSU.
Factors That Should Be Considered To Find Your Best 3D Printer Under 500.
If you’ve found your perfect choice of the best 3D printer under 500 from our list above, congratulations. Let’s start 3D printing and bringing your creations to life! Here is a tutorial on how to use your printers.
Still, got some questions left? Don’t worry. We also got you covered. Down below are the answers to some of the most asked questions regarding 3D printers. Read on as it can help you with your questions and help you to find your perfect choice better.
3D printers are different from regular printers.
This is quite straightforward. A 3D printer is nothing like your regular paper printer. From the frame, the structure, the functions to the result products, everything is different. You can’t expect your design to come to life within minutes, even if it’s small. The 3D printing process may take hours, and even more as you might have to trim off excess plastic or fix some small details up with your hands to get the best result.
Talking of plastic, 3D printers do have trouble akin to paper jams, only it’s much worse with the addition of plastic. Overwork your machine and it can break down and leave the plastic melting all over the place. Get a low-quality printer and your design will come out like a hot mess if it can come out at all. Chances are, with the low-quality models your printing process will collapse halfway through.
It’s worth investing in a high-quality 3D printer as it can last you forever and save you a lot of pains and headaches from having things break down in the middle of the printing process. In the long run, a high-quality model will also save you a lot of money as you won’t have to keep buying parts to replace the broken one as with many low-quality printers.
Cautions when 3D printing at home.
If you’re planning on starting your 3D printing journey at home, then there are some things you should keep in mind. First is the size of the printer. Some 3D printers are quite large and heavy, which could cause you some trouble trying to fit them on your working desk at home. Smaller models are a better choice, but they’ll limit the size of your creations as they work best with smaller size.
Another point to be considered is that the enclosed frame might suit your home better than an open one. During the printing process, the 3D printer can heat up quite hot, as hot as 250°C and above. It’s much safer for you and other people you’re living with if you get an enclosed 3D printer that can protect all parts from the heat rather than an open frame one and risk burning yourself or others.
More on the space factor.
As we’ve mentioned above, space can play quite a big role in getting a 3D printer. Whatever model that you’ve decided to pick, it should fit nicely within the place that you wish to put it. Too heavy, too large, too bulky,… just one of those factors can affect your 3D printer and the design that comes out of it. Measure everything carefully to make sure that your printer will fit.
It’s also worth mentioning that your 3D printer can emit some heat during the printing process, so you should keep the space surrounding it clear of other objects. Some raisin models have quite a heavy smell to them, which can lessen the quality of the air in your room and affect badly to your health. You should place your 3D printer somewhere well-ventilated to avoid these problems.
Another quite important aspect to be considered when it comes to buying a 3D printer is the connection. Your 3D printer can be connected to your laptop or computer via USB or shared among others with the network connection. Choosing the type of connection will depend on whether or not you want to use it all by yourself or use it with a group of others. It’s worth checking if the model that you picked will support your needs.
Some printers don’t support a direct USB connection. These models, however, still have a USB socket so you can plug in your flash drive or SD card through an SD card reader. You can use the printer without using the computer this way. Simply use the built-in browser of the printer and you’re good to go.
The nozzle size will determine how detailed your end product will be. Most 3D printers come with a standard 0.4mm nozzle, which is fine and can be used for many designs. However, if you’re planning to print something that is super detailed like figurines, then you’ll be better off with some smaller size nozzle.
The nozzle size is not the only factor that can affect how detailed your creations will come out of your 3D printer. For a stunning detailed end product, you should look at the information regarding the print resolution. To put it simply, the smaller the print solution number can go, the higher the detailed and better result you can have.
Getting a cheap but low-resolution model can give you a lot of headaches. Your creations can turn out a hot mess (literally), with bumpy and rough texture, as well as looking nothing like how you want it to come out.
Another thing to be considered is the printing speed. Yes, we know, nobody wants to spend all day waiting on printing so the faster the better right? Not really. Faster printing speed doesn’t mean better quality of the end product. With some models, faster speed can turn out into quite a disaster as it can turn your design into a hot glob of lava plastic. With moderate speed, it’s much safer, although more time-consuming.
With that being said, it is not like all fast models are bad. Some only take hours, while others might require a whole day to complete the process. Fast or slow will also depend on how detailed your design is. Just remember, there is no shortcut when it comes to 3D printing. Highly detailed 3D models take time to make. It isn’t some drawing that can be rushed on paper with a normal printing machine.
A 20 x 20 x 20 cm 3D printer can handle medium-sized models well. Some 3D printers are really small, 12 x 12 x 12 cm or so, which will limit the size of their products quite a lot. Most 3D printers will be 15 x 20 x 15 cm, which is ok if you’re somebody that mostly prints at home or uses the printer all by yourself.
What type of 3D Printer’s frame should I pick?
There are two types of frames when it comes to 3D printers: open vs closed. The open frame is much cooler, as it can show you the full process of bringing your creation to life. The models with open-frame will also look less bulky than the fully enclosed ones, yet still, be able to print bigger than them. It’s also easier and requires less maintenance than the other type.
However, a closed-frame is a safer and better choice for domestic purposes. The enclosed walls will lessen the noises, as well as prevent the smelly smell of the printing process to affect your air quality too much. The closed-frame also can prevent your children or pets from accidentally touching the hot extruder. If you are living with your family or working at home then this type of frame might be a better choice.
PLA (polylactic acid) is a biodegradable polymer plastic. This is the most commonly used among all the filaments. It’s non-toxic, and most 3D printers support it.
In 3D printing, there are some types of most well-known filaments you should be aware of:
ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) is hard plastic, like lego-hard. This filament is also non-toxic, durable, but can be quite smelly. It’s also challenging to work with too.
Nylon is the filament that separates the cheap models from the more expensive ones. It needs special printers that are designed specifically to handle them.
Of course, there are other types of filaments too, but the most commonly used is PLA. And there is a reason for this filament’s popularity. You can print almost anything with it, and that is fine for most people who don’t have to do some intricate work or professional work. If you want something other than PLA, check if your 3D printer can support it.
What kind of printer is suitable for a beginner?
This largely depends on what you want from your 3D printers. For most beginners, they’re in the earlier state of trying things out, how 3D printing works, what will they need,… and other stuff like that. With that purpose, a budget 3D printer is more than enough. It can cover all the basics that you want to know, and you can play with it for a while before moving on to more advanced models if you want to go further.
For beginners who want to enter the professional game, then you should pick a more intermediate 3D printer. It might take longer to figure everything out, but you can stick with it for quite a while. More advanced models will have more options for you to play around with.
Budget 3D printers nowadays can amaze you with their quality. However, it’s much safer for you to pick from famous brands such as Anycubic and Creality, as many people have used their products and are quite happy with them. Picking something completely new or from some small name companies is very risky, especially in the low price range. Just stick to the most well-known brands and you’ll be fine.
Why 3D printers might feel more expensive.
Well, it’s not like some paper printers that only need ink and paper. This is 3D printing, which means 3D models that you can take out of a box. From the materials to the maintenance, everything is different and much more complicated than normal printers. 3D printer’s parts when having troubles are much harder to fix than normal printers too.
On the other hand, 3D printers can do much more than a normal printer. You can literally bring your creations to real solid form, so all the hassle is worth it. Plus, it doesn’t have “paper jams” as frequently as your regular printers, so you won’t have to worry about having to get new parts all the time.
Understand why you decided to buy a 3D printer.
If you’re planning on buying one to satisfy your curiosity and hobby, you should buy a simpler model, as chances are you’re not gonna use other extra features and can grow bored quickly when your curiosity runs out.
However, if you’re planning to go further than just fun and games, then consider buying a solid model that has extra features that best suit your needs. You can always pick 3D printers that are upgradeable so you can change things up later if you wish.
Whatever you decided to buy, it’s best to know what you want from your 3D printer so you can pick the most suitable one for your needs, and save money from unnecessary extra features.
What to pick then?
Most 3D printers are safe and can be versatile enough to satisfy basic needs by doing a pretty decent job of printing simple 3D models. However, for highly detailed miniature designs, your best pick is resin printers. Something that can be challenging in terms of dimension is better off with dual extrusion printers. Depending on what you need, you should check the technical features and their purpose with each model for a better decision.
How about a 3D Printing Pen?
Sure, if you’re not planning to print much. Basically, 3D pens work much like 3D printers but you’ll have to sit there and build everything with your hands. It requires more patience, more skills, and more care, as you can easily burn yourself with it if you’re not careful enough. You’ll also have to understand structure quite well to build something with a pen.
It’s a much cheaper choice, and many artists, as well as craftspeople, found them quite interesting. However, if you’re planning on printing many projects, then a 3D pen will not be a great choice for you as you will have to sit there and do everything by hand.
Conclude: Our Top 5 Best Picks For Best 3D Printer Under 500.
And we have our best pick: the ANYCUBIC 3D Printer Chiron! It’s the best 3D printer under 500 for many people as it can work well, while still staying within the budget-friendly price range. You won’t have to sacrifice quality for the price with this one. It’s easy to set up and to use, can print large, and can print awesomely.
There are still flaws, of course, but most other printers in the price range also have similar problems yet lower quality. And after a while when you get used to the bed leveling, using this machine is really easy as it basically runs itself. Overall, it’s a pretty neat 3D printer under 500.